As Christian parents, we are called to raise our children in the faith. But how do we do that in a society that is increasingly secular? And how do we instill in our children a love for God and a desire to follow Him, when we ourselves sometimes struggle in our faith.
The answer is not easy, but it starts with prayer. We need to pray for our children, that they would come to know Christ and have a personal relationship with Him. We need to pray for their protection, that they would be safe from harm. And we need to pray for their future, that they would grow into the people God has created them to be.
Prayer is the foundation. There is no greater joy than to see our children walk in the ways of the Lord. As parents, it is our responsibility to train up our children in the way they should go. Proverbs 22:6 – Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
So, how can we raise our children to be Godly? Here are some tips:
- Pray for your children regularly. Pray that they would come to know Jesus Christ, and that they would walk in His ways.
- Teach them about the Bible, and help them to develop a love for reading it.
- Encourage them to be involved in a good church where they can grow in their faith.
- Lead by example. Show them what it looks like to live a life that is pleasing to God.
- Discipline them in a way that is consistent with the Word of God.
- Talk to them about the things of God on a regular basis.
If we are faithful to these things, then we can trust that God will work in our children’s lives.